C & J TRANSPORT
2195 Junior Road
Kenly NC 27542
Measuring Your Boat for Shipping
To accurately measure your boat for shipping and transport please use these guidelines:
include bow pulpits, swim platforms, motor brackets and the length of the
motors or outdrives in the raised position.
Overall Height is
measured from the bottom of the keel to the highest non-removable part of
measured as the widest point of the boat including anything attached to
|Getting ready to ship your Boat!
Proper boat shipping and transportation is an important
part of getting your boat ready for hauling.
- Make certain that all loose items in your vessel such as plates,
galley utensils, personal items or any other non-secured have
been secured or removed from the vessel.
- Empty all fuel and water from the vessel.
- Disconnect all battery cables.
- Remove any device or fixture that extends beyond the hull of
the vessel such as antennas, radar, compasses or depth sounders.
These devices should be secured inside the vessel for shipping.
- Secure decor such as tops, curtains, seat cushions.
- Remove the plug from the craft.
- You will need to store and secure plastic and plexiglas windshields
- If you are moving the boat during the winter months, then you
need to winterize the engine, toilets, the water systems or any
other weather sensitive device on the vessel.
- Shrink wrap is an excellent way to protect your boat during
transport. However, a poor shrink wrap may tear due to the high
winds generated by road travel. If this happens, the vessel could
suffer damage from the shrink wrap beating, chaffing and scratching
the vessel. C & J cannot accept: responsibility for damages
caused by shrink wrap.
- If your larger boat needs to be loaded transom forward, then
the craft needs to be shrink wrapped or we cannot accept liability
for damage that may occur to the windshield during transport.
- When moving a sailboat, you must remove all standing rigging,
lights, spreaders, wind indicators and all other types of mast
rigging prior to transport. Otherwise, C & J cannot assume
liability for damage such as scratches or abrasions that may occur
on the mast or damaged rigging or lights left on the mast during
- All personal belonging should be removed from the boat before
transport. These include cash and valuables, clothing, sporting
goods or any other materials that are not part of the vessel.